It may have been a month ago or maybe just recently but joining another bookmark-plus-site sharing was getting to be a really tedious activity (like keeping up with the cloud buzz). There's delicious, Digg, Yahoo! Buzz and the encompassing Mixx. So what else can there be?
In comes Social Median - in their own words:
socialmedian is a social news network that connects people with personalized news and information. socialmedian enables you to easily keep up-to-date on the news that matters to you and to people who share your interests.
socialmedian is all about personalized news - helping people get the news that matters most to them on any number of topics from any number of sources. Our hunch is that people with common topical interests can help each other filter and discover personally relevant news.
Their thesis is:
1. Yes, there is a lot of great content out there and the Internet is making content creation and distribution easier and easier.
2. But people need help wading through all that great content and discovering just the news and information that is most relevant to them.
3. A potentially powerful way to help people get a personalized view of news and information would be through collaborative filtering by people with common interests.
My take on what makes it special:
1. Yes, it is fairly easy to navigate. Site layout is easy on the eyes.
2. Relevant content based on personalized, favored topics shows up. Who needs massively comprehensive? Try Feeds.
3. Jason Goldberg. Yes. Top honcho just can't be stopped and his passion overflows and rubs off on you with all the posts, email notifications, Tweets and short but sincere comments and replies. It feels like he is really just a nudge away. You can't help but be hooked.
To prove that he's just like Taz and continues to spin and move, you will just have to look at the new features that keep turning up at a frenzied (but democratic) pace. Replize, Moods and now, Facebook integration.
And they're still in beta. Whoa.
So-called Popular Posts
It will take more than a moleskine to fire those blog posts into published ones. It is easy to have thoughts about everything - what's...
Time2011BestBlogs.pdf Download this file Picked out 5 from TIME's 25 fresh picks of 2011 . Check all 25 and see which one you h...
Effects of advanced age aside, there are days when one feels incapable of meeting life head on to take on whatever challenge that lies ahea...
via youtube.com Animation, Beatles and of course, music. What's not to like? I admit I can totally relate to it. Timeless.
Kind to others, severe to himself - Thomas of Celano The most challenging aspect of Francis of Assisi ... is the utter seriousness of his...
- ► 2011 (42)
- ► 2010 (44)
- ► 2009 (55)
- Expires and Inspires
- Right, Wrong or Immoral: It isn't about Tech but a...
- 5 Best Sites to Help you over the Downturn and Fee...
- Writings on the TwitWall
- Want something more Cloudy? Elections
- Cloud Movie: Coming to a PC Near You
- Despite the Revenue to Show for IT, SaaS Plays Sec...
- Cloud Summit: Sold!
- PaaS: Poverty as a Service
- VC Bubble Bath [Valley Corleone's]
- Million-dollar Question of Motivation
- Tech: Get those gloves off now!
- Social Median: Measuring CNT [Central News Tendenc...
- [Smartest] Marketing both Best and Worst News
- Tech Releases [itself] from Financial News Grasp
- Is it wise to use Crowd Wisdom?
- ▼ October (16)